- I am on call for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- My role is to support you to labour and birth however you choose.
- I will assist you according to your wishes and needs.
- Nothing will ever be done without your informed consent.
- You have the right to bodily autonomy and the right of refusal.
- Should transfer to hospital become necessary I will accompany you and continue to support you until your baby is born.
- I will remain with you for several hours after your baby is born.
I carry a kit of extra equipment which includes:
- Birth pool, pump and pool liner
- Resuscitation equipment
- Waterproof Doppler and pinnards for listening to baby’s heart rate
- Catheterisation equipment
- Cannulation equipment
- Homeopathic and herbal tinctures
- Suture materials
- Drugs in case of postpartum haemorrhage
- Equipment for cord cutting and care
- Scales to weigh baby
- All legal birth documentation